maandag 21 maart 2011

DIG!


Film Dig! (2004) is een documentaire geregisseerd door Ondi Timoner. Het is een film over twee Amerikaanse rock bands the Brian Jonestown Massacre en the Dandy Warhols, en de vriendschap maar ook de rivaliteit tussen de twee oprichters Anton Newcombe en Courtney Taylor





Quotes Anton Newcombe:

-Interviewer: Is it important for you to be understood?
Anton: That would depend on the context of your question. If I was speaking to a doctor, for instance, and describing a medical condition, I would surely want to be understood. On the other hand, if I was creating a secret code, depending on the situation, then I would hope that certain people would not understand anything.

-What I want to do is enter the popular lexicon. Like Jimi Hendrix. That's my goal. Not to sell soap. Not to say, 'Look like me, dress like me, sound like me.' Not to get a supermodel girlfriend. None of that shit. I want people to come away from what I'm doing and look at it as a gift.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten